Last few weeks, mostly due to college and laziness i had not kept my regular yoga workout like i used to. I started observing why i did not do it. The main reason would have to be an unbalanced sleep resulting in inability to do anything in the morning and being too tired at night.
Another thing i noticed is that i use eating as an excuse to not workout. I eat and then i go "I can't do yoga now, have to wait 5 hours." Yoga should be done 5 hours after a mean so the best time is only realistic in the morning, before breakfast. I ideally planed to take a warm shower to loosen up the muscles and go straight for yoga.
Of course feeling tired from lack of sleep i just pres snooze button and go back to sleep. When i came back from college i would make an excuse that i can't do it now i just ate and make myself feel better that i will do it in the morning. In the morning i do the same thing resulting in endless loop of laziness.
So i started to think what can be done to fix this problem. Fixing a sleep schedule is one. I have to start getting home by 9:30 and be sound asleep by 11. So that i wake up at 7 all refreshed and do my morning routine.
Another thing i realized is that instead of doing Yoga i can just do a regular body weight exercise or jog, those only require two hours after eating. Stretching on the other hand can be done any time! So does meditation, Yoga Nidra, Breathing exercises, Eye exercises and massages. So now i have no excuse to not workout. If i cant do a regular workout because i miss a morning Yoga, i can still do any of the exercises that does not require stomach to be empty.
I just read a website saying that stretching should be done many times a day. After sitting on computer, watching tv, sitting on one place for too long in general. Waiting for a friend or a bus can also be occupied nicely with some healthy stretching. Look at animals, they always stretch! We should learn from animals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this blog, write forever.
Post a Comment